Çorlulu Ali Paşa Religious School, Çorlulu Ali Paşa Medresesi
This courtyard is part of a small mosque and medrese complex built by Ali Paşa, the Grand Vizier to Sultan Ahmet II. It was built in 1708, and three years later, Ali Paşa was beheaded in Lesbos following a diplomatic knot fuelled by allegations that the Vizier had been accepting bribes from Russians. His head was returned to Istanbul and buried in this complex. Today the courtyard is home to a spirited nargile cafe that is open every day past midnight as well as a clutch of shops selling colourful glass lamps and Turkish rugs.
Hotels Near Çorlulu Ali Paşa Medresesi
Çorlulu Ali Paşa Medresesi Popular Videos
Çorlulu Ali Paşa Medresesi Map