This Turkish bath is at the junction of Turnacıbaşı St. in Kuloglu district and Çapanoglu St. Built as a market bath, it was opened to the public in 1715. It was built in classical Ottoman architectural style. During restoration in 1965, though the main structure was kept, the originality of its architecture and the interior were destroyed.
The bath was actually made only for men, but in 1965 during the restoration, a small women’s section was added. The bath has been well maintained, and today foreign tourists as well as local customers use the bath frequently.
Popular Destinations in Istanbul